f you want to lose 80 pounds you may be wondering how long it will take. Naturally, with extreme methods it may take less time than it might with more gradual approaches, but you don't just want to lose weight, you want to make sure you're doing it right in order to be able to easily maintain it info the future.
That being said, there's nothing wrong with trying to lose weight fast, as long as it's done with the right methods. In addition, you need to remember that it does take a long time to lose 80 pounds simply because it's a lot of weight to shed. It won't happen overnight, nor in a week or even a month or two. You need to be realistic and yet positive in knowing that you will lose this weight and look and feel much better.
In my opinion, it will take at least 8 months to lose 80 lbs. I'm using 10 pounds a month as an average because this is a fast weight loss but not too fast for your own good. To do so, I recommend taking the following steps:
1. Choose a diet and fitness plan - Yes, these plans cost some money, but not a lot really. What a plan gives you is structure and guidance. Having a plan also helps you remain motivated and focused throughout the process. You need a plan because you're going need some form of expert guidance in the coming months, to tell you the best way to workout and to eat in order to lose weight fast.
2. You need to write down smaller goals for milestones along the way. You do this to be able to properly monitor your progress. These goals should not be daily or even weekly as weight naturally fluctuates. In your case, monthly goals are the best way to go.
3. It's time to limit your "sitting down" time. Whether it's in the office, commuting, watching TV, reading, etc. The time you spend sitting down pretty much motionless is not going to be the time in which you burn a lot of calories and fat. Cut down 10% of that time and spend it on more active activities. This should be done in addition to the workouts you do according to your chosen diet and fitness plan.
4. It's time to take control of the food you eat and not let it control you. Overeating is all about control and sensible eating. You need to make sure that you know exactly what you're eating. If you take care to get rid of all the fat, sugar filled, and processed food, you will be doing your health and waistline a bit favor. I recommend writing down what you eat and when you eat to better understand your eating patterns and change them for healthier ones.
5. This may seem like a difficult weight loss to achieve, but you can do it. Make sure to remain motivated and patient and you will get there. If you do all that, it won't take you long to lose the weight and look much fitter.
Copyright © 2013 - johndavenport.ExpertsColumn.Com · All Rights Reserved | Powered by: ExpertsColumn.com